In the mechanical laboratory, mechanical and technological examinations are carried out for various reasons: (re)certifying materials, testing bolts and nuts or qualifying welders and welding methods. For carrying out these examinations the following tests are used:
- (high temperature) tensile tests
- impact tests according to ISO 148-1 and ASTM E23 (from 20 to -196 degrees Celsius)
- bending tests / welding tests
- hardness tests such as Rockwell, Brinell, Vickers (micro) and Shore
- technological tests like ring tensile tests, flattening tests or ring expanding tests
Because all testing bars are produced in-house, valuable time and money is saved.
In order to carry the tests out accurately and to be able to reproduce them, our measuring devices are calibrated each year by accredited bodies according to European standards. These measuring devices include a 250 kN mechanical tensile testing machine, a 1000 kN hydraulic tensile testing machine, several hardness testers and a 300 J impact testing machine.
Material specifications and tests are fixed in international standards and are usually imposed by our customers. MME Group’s laboratory is certified for all usual standards (NEN, EN, ISO, DIN, BS and ASTM).